Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I May Be Crazy!

Remember that goal that I had to run a 5K...remember how I was working on just trying to run 3 miles at a time...remember when I thought I would never run farther than that...remember when I thought people who did (or even those who ran at all) were crazy...well I do & now I am one of them!

You will all be happy to know that I can now run 3 miles at a time without much trouble! It took awhile, but I wouldn't even hesitate at the thought of having to go out and run 3 miles now. Have I done an official 5K yet...no...but I'm sure I will at some point.

What have I done instead, you may be asking yourself?

Have I mentioned that I may be crazy?

3 miles, no problem, why not go out and try to run 13?!?!

Yeah, that's right, crazy ole me signed up for a 1/2 marathon!

The training has begun...I am proud to report that I have gotten up to 4-5 miles at a time on different occasions, but I still have a long way to go.

2 months from today is the day and I am taking some comfort in the fact that I have a couple of aunts, several cousins and at least 1 sister who are planning on participating in the event too!

At least if I'm crazy (ahem...or all of us for that matter), we'll have plenty of moral support along for the ride (or should I say run/walk)! ;)

No comments: