Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Springtime Recognition

It's that time of year again...spring sports awards/recognition night.

And in our district, middle school volleyball is considered one of those sports. This means I get the chance to talk about the team, our season & most importantly the girls get recognized for being part of the team.

I'm a little nervous about it, but not too much...I'll probably just speak in the moment & go with whatever comes naturally. I did make up a card for each girl & have considered saying something about each one, but I'm not sure that I'll actually do this once everything gets going. I'll probably follow the lead of whatever the other coaches choose to do, but at least the girls can still have the cards as a keepsake of their 7th grade volleyball season.

Our record wasn't great at all, we had sooo many close games that just almost went our way, but then didn't & which would have resulted in a much better record, however, the girls are super athletic, oozing with talent, & learned quite a lot about the game of volleyball, which are all wonderful things! And, hopefully, the fruits of their labor this year will pay off for them next year! It was a good season~here's to the next one!

No comments: