Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today's Random List of Events

*This morning...I was perturbed to hear the radio guy talking about the weather.  He reported that areas to the north of us received between 2-10 inches of snow.  Then he had the gall to say that our area was LUCKY to have only received a dusting of snow.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Bring It!  I (er, I mean Luke) want some snow!  Just dump it on us already.  The sled from Santa, snowsuit from grandma, and snow tube from Aunt Beth are all feeling quite neglected this winter and a dusting of snow is just CRAP!  Ugh, that weather guy...

*This morning...was also quite COLD, but I bundled myself up and headed out to the 5K in town that I had signed up for awhile back.  I am proud to say that I have now (finally) completed my first official 5K by running the entire thing.  Now my time was not the greatest-36:30, but I am still so proud of that time!  Why? See the next bullet for that answer :)

*We will make it!  Every single one of us here in the Faith, Hope & Poop household was knocked out by the flu during the course of the week.  It struck Scott on Saturday (at this point he still thought it was just the beginnings of the cold Luke came down with during the previous week), but by Sunday Scott had developed a fever with it and stayed home while Luke and I went to help grandpa celebrate his birthday (still thinking it was just a bad cold.)  On Monday morning, Luke woke up with a fever (& we figured out that this was indeed something different) and he stayed home with Scott (who worked from home) so they could rest together.  By the time I made it home from school that day, I was 99% sure that I had a fever as well and sure enough, I did. Tuesday brought Scott feeling better just weak and he decided to work from home another day, as well as, watch over us other two sickies.  Wednesday brought Scott going back to work and Luke trying to go back to school with me staying home to make sure that my fever was actually gone for good and to rest.  I did go to class that night, but by the time I got home, my fever did rare its ugly head again for a couple of hours.  Thursday brought Luke and I heading back to school together, but then leaving just a few hours later due to his fever having returned.  Friday brought my first full day back to work, since Monday and Scott once again working from home to stay home with Luke (who seemed to be feeling much better for most of the day according to his dad.)  It was a LONG week and we all took very good care of each other!  Unfortunately, the little guy has still been very worn out from all of it..he's been sleeping 12 hours each night 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. along with a 1-2 hour nap during the day too.  This child NEVER sleeps this much...he's a tired little dude!

*If you were keeping a running total there, then you know Luke only made it 1 1/2 days of school, Scott made it out of the house for work 2 days, and I was the grand winner with 2 1/2 days of work.  Yes, technically, Scott was the only one who worked every single day, but we're talking about actually having to get yourself showered and changed here people! :)  We've had quite a bit of quality time together, maybe not quite your Christmas break type of quality time, but in some respects it was kind of nice because we didn't have to worry about parties, plans, gifts, etc just being with each other and getting well.  (Lots of naps helped too!)  It will be fabulous to get back into routine next week though! (AND stay healthy too, hopefully!)

*Luke and I did remember to call our dear girl, Rachel, on Thursday too!  Even though, he insisted that she "doesn't talk" when I asked him if he wanted to call her, I knew better!  And talk she did.  Now it may only have been "yes" to each question I asked her, but that "yes" is one of the sounds I most cherish (as I know her mom and dad do as well.)  This child who was only guaranteed a 50% chance of even surviving after birth is a walking, TALKING miracle and her smile is more precious than gold!  Made even better by the fact that she smiles almost all of the time too!
Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Girl!  Can't believe you're such a big girl like your sisters now! :)

*Stay tuned for a report about a long time dream of my mother's attempting to come true tomorrow!

No comments: