Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where, Oh Where Have I Been?

Obviously not blogging!

Getting back into the swing of things has not been as easy as I was expecting. The school day is fine, it's the hours between work & sleep that seem to not be getting any smoother yet. I am SOOO hoping that Scott's schedule will start settling down sometime very soon so that I can actually feel like I still have a husband! Not only do I miss him & his help, but Luke seems to be having a bit of a hard time too. He keeps waking up during the night (which definitely helps me to get into a good routine during the day, NOT!) asking for "Daddy". Fortunately, most of those times Scott has been home, but then he isn't getting sleep either if his only quality time is spent with Luke in the middle of the night & in the morning to drop him off at the sitter's. Thankfully, Scott did make it home ALOT earlier tonight (9 p.m.-still none too early) so maybe he will get a bit more sleep tonight, unfortunately, it was still well past Luke's bedtime :(

Don't get me wrong, we're VERY thankful that Scott found/has a job in these tough times, but it has been tough getting adjusted to such a severe change in schedule. He does really like his job too so that is a bonus, but I think we're all ready for the "slow time" to hurry up & get here already! :) Until it does though, I'll try not to whine about it here anymore ;) because there really are quite a few exciting things going on around here~Luke's birthday this weekend & several other pieces of news (ours & more) that aren't quite ready to be shared here yet, but soon very soon...what a tease, I know! It is hard for me to concentrate on those things though when life is as I stated above. I mean I haven't even got a cake or the food for the said birthday completely nailed down yet & the party is in 2 days, but it'll all come together even if it does mean all we might end up eating is corn dogs & twinkies! :)

(Don't worry, I'll make sure I do a better job than corn dogs & twinkies! Sorry ICLW visitors that things have been so lame around here this week~I'll try to stop by & visit you at some point, but it may not be anytime during the next few days~thanks so much for stopping by though! And for all of my blogging buddies out there, please don't give up on me, I hope to be back regularly very soon!)

1 comment:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I hope that your schedule gets smoothed out soon. Have fun with the birthday party!