Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Put me in Coach!

It has definitely been an interesting last week or so.

First off, I do believe that I have fully survived (it was never confirmed but...) my bout with the flu. Last week was a bit rough getting back into the swing of things, especially since it was my first full week back since Christmas break due to a few well placed snow days/school holiday days since break.

It was truly an exhausting week trying to get back into the swing of things, oh wait, did I forget to mention that I am helping out with our middle school volleyball team as a volunteer coach & those practices also started last week!

Yep, that's right, not only was I trying to just make it through a typical day while getting my strength back, but I was tacking on an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours of volleyball practice each day too!

It was exhausting & I was quite exhausted!

I did discover though that so far I have really enjoyed this coaching thing-it is amazing to see the amount of progress that my 6th graders have made in just a few days! Oh we're definitely not Olympic material (yet! :) but I have seen definite improvement in all of them & their eagerness to learn & improve has been so nice to work with too.

So...I may have been exhausted & I may or may not have come home/ate supper/put Luke to bed/fell asleep on his bedroom floor & then was out for the night by 7:30 one night last week, but it was definitely one very good week!

And, yes, after being inspired by my 7:30 bedtime last week-you can call me "Superwoman" if you like because I obviously handled it all so well & was brimming over with energy all week long! ;)

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

I would LOVE to coach volleyball. Played it all through school, but I want to wait until the kids are in school a few years (I think) before I take on anything extra.