Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

#10 Books/Reading


I love books & I love reading them!
I love the feel of a new book in my hands & the anticipation of getting to read it.
I can remember lazy summer days spent reading books, as well as, too many late nights spent staying up waaaay too late to read just one more chapter.
I remember having challenged myself to read many books last year & then doing so even with a toddler in tow, yet falling way behind on that very same challenge for this year (unless you want to count a couple of resource books about teaching reading!)
I have learned NOT to read the book before watching the movie, if I want to continue to like the movie after they've "messed" it all up! :) I try to read them after the fact nowadays.
I love the many characters & places that have entered my little world in the last 30 years from having read about them/taught about them & can't wait to "meet" & "visit" many more over the next 30 years!

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

I love reading too, especially when you have the time to do it. Ha!

I, though, prefer to read the book before the movie and have learned to keep an open mind when viewing them.