Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Catching up!

*Our little trick-or-treater had a very successful Halloween and I plan to post a picture sometime in the near future.

*Halloween weekend also brought my 1/2 marathon race.  My time was slower than my race in the spring...2 hours 48 minutes and 15 seconds, but only by about 8 minutes.  I was disappointed because I had been hoping to have a faster time (and most of my training runs were faster), but it was not meant to be this time.  Looking back, I know that I started out at too fast of a pace and the leg cramps around mile 10 forced me to have to walk most of the last 3 miles (up until this point I had been running a faster paced race...I am a slooowww walker when I have to walk :)  Around mile 11, I really wasn't sure if I'd finish or not, but I just kept thinking "it's just 2 more miles!"  Needless to say, I was happy to finally make it to the finish line and to do so running (which I did again for the last 1/4-1/2 mile)  :) 

*Thanks to my aunt for letting Scott & I stay with her that weekend.  And super thanks to my parents for taking care of the little man while we were away! :)

*I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away!

*Life around here just seems to get slightly more stressful with each passing week...when is my next vacation? ;)

*Glad to only have 3 more school days this week!

Those are some of the basics of the past 2 weeks.  There are so many other things that I could (& may eventually need to) type about, but for now they will remain with me as I try to get myself organized! 
Have a happy week! :)

No comments: