Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Tale of Running...

So last winter, I decided to start trying to run. I took it slow by following a walk/run routine & had built up to running probably about a mile during a 30 min walk/run. I loved running in the cold weather, but once it started warming up again-I let myself stop-no good reason for it either except laziness, I guess.

So a while back, I went shopping with my sisters & mom & my sister, Emily, mentions that she has started running.

I said: "Oh...I used to do that & keep thinking that I need to start up with it again-I've been walking, but not running yet. When do you find the time to run, you can't take all of the girls?" (If you're new or just don't remember-she has 3 girls ages 3, 2 & 8 1/2 months so she is VERY busy :)

She replies: "I run at night after Eric gets home, 8:30 is about the only free time I have."

Me: "Run at night? Yeah, I tried that for about a week last winter(only I was running in the morning when it was still dark), but then I let my imagination get the better of me, imagining all of the different things that could happen-deer running out of the woods into me, a skunk coming out of nowhere, possums-need I say more..."

She said: "So, in other words, you chickened out?" (Have I mentioned before that we only have a 16 month age gap, so we have always been a bit competitive ;)

And that is where this story will have to just sit & wait until another post so as they always say on TV...

TO BE CONTINUED...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never even ATTEMPTED to start running, so I admire you for even getting that far! Good luck getting restarted!

I came across your blog via ICLW. I pray the adoption of the new baby will go smoothly and you'll be able to enjoy those newborn months again very soon!

sheryl said...

Don't worry, Anita. I would let my imagination get the best of me, too. Maybe that will help you run faster!! lol

Carrie27 said...

I'm with you, 1. When do you have time? 2. I worry about the freaks out there.

I'll be a chicken with you :)

Lynn said...

I can't imagine me trying to run - the results would be an epic failure, lol! I hope you can get back to your routine. And being competitive due to the relative proximity in age? It works both ways. My brothers and sister are all at least 11 1/2 years older than me and we are all extremely competitive! Good luck to you!