Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Blogiversary to me!

I hadn't realized until just a few weeks ago that today is the anniversary of my first post here on Faith, Hope & Poop? I can't believe it has been a year already...

Travel back in time with me for a moment...

One year ago-I was very nervous about doing this & hadn't even told anyone that I was blogging. I typed several posts before I felt confident enough to let "real life" people read it & even then it was only a small handful. I was not at all nervous about "strangers" reading it just people I knew. I hadn't typed anything terrible about anyone, but just wasn't sure how my writing style would come across-if I came across idiotic, I just didn't want people I knew to know it :) but lucky for me they liked it & so my train of blog thoughts continues...

One year later-I am much more confident about this "blogging stuff" & love knowing that both people I know & don't know are reading it.

One year ago-I thought maybe this blog would be more of an outlet for my thoughts on adoption related things.

One year later-It has been a little about that, but more so about my life & its happenings in general with a little of the adoption stuff tossed in occasionally.

One year ago-We were still adjusting to the idea of actually having a child in our house, loving him, watching him grow & learning with him as he grew.

And as for the biggest news...
One year later-We are still doing all of those same things, but we are now adjusting to the idea of possibly having 2 children (hopefully) very, very soon if all goes according to plan. That's right, we've been working on adoption #2 (due to arrive in early June!) Keep birthmom & the baby in your prayers & your fingers crossed for us :)

Thanks for joining my on my blogging adventures over this past year!

16 comments:

Kocher Family said...

Congrat's! We will be praying that all goes well for the birthmom and baby and also for you and your husband. That's so exciting!

Alana said...

Happy blogoversary to you!

And much congrats on probable Baby#2.

*ICLW*

Kara said...

happy blogiversary!

and I will definitely keep the baby and birthmom in my prayers...how exciting!

addie said...

congrats on the possible baby number two.

GeekByMarriage said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!

Hope I make it a year!

Carrie27 said...

Happy blogoversary!

Huge congrats and well-wishes on the upcoming adoption.

Anonymous said...

Yea! We will keep you all in our prayers. Good luck.

Jill

Jill said...

Happy Blogoversary! Congrats on your coming new addition :)

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you. I am an adoptive mom. Congratulations on expecting baby 2. I hope everthing goes well. I look forward to adoptin again ina year or two.
Check out my non profit
parenthood for me.org
ERica
ICLW

Beautiful Mess said...

Happy Blogiversary! Sending prayers for baby number two! How exciting!
*ICLW*

Indigo said...

Happy blogiversary!!

ICLW

Jamie said...

Fingers crossed for a healthy baby and smooth adoption process!! Luke's going to be a great big brother!

Barefoot said...

Congrats and happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

aw! congrats! June is a great month to have a baby. :D


iclw

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Happy Blogoversary! Isn't it amazing what a little time can do to our perspective on things? Prayers on their way for you, your family, the birth mom, and that new little one!

jenn said...

Congrats on the blogiversary and baby # 2!

ICLW