Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

#1 Coffee



Yep, there it is~let this celebration begin!

So I decided to start out with something that is a very important part of my day, yet hasn't been in my life for the majority of my (almost) 30 years.

I've always been a fan of those capuchinno machines that you can find in gas stations, but it was only on a rare occasion that I would drink one. I was NOT a coffee drinker, but that all changed just a few short years ago...

We received one of those "junk" mail advertisements for a 'free' coffee maker as long as you purchased a few of the company's coffees. Well we sent off for it, since Scott's family uses their coffee maker to brew tea-we thought this would be a good thing to do so that we could brew our tea too plus it would be 'free'. Little did we know our tea days were going to be coming to an end very soon...

We tried the "flavored" coffees that we had purchased & really liked them, but we limited ourselves to about once a week to actually drink the stuff. Sometime later, we went on vacation & stayed with my cousin & her husband & they introduced us to this whole "liquid" creamer thing, which was even better. You could buy plain coffee, but it tasted MUCH better with this stuff in it & it was much more cost effective too!

Sooo...we started buying 'amaretto' flavored liquid creamer & our coffee was SOOO good! :) And our coffee drinking habits increased to 2-3 times a week, but...

THEN I discovered 'chocolate caramel' flavored liquid creamer & I have been a coffee junkie ever since! Not only do I drink coffee every single morning now (except Sundays if we don't come home after church), but I drink 2-3 cups of the stuff every single morning. Speaking of which, I missed my cups this morning...maybe I'll go have a cup now!*

*But probably not because I really don't feel like being awake all night! ;)

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

This sounds so similar to my coffee drinking days. I hated coffee until I found a liquid creamer my husband made me try. Now, I have an obsession with a certain type of coffee because I can add a drop of creamer and it takes super yummy.