Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lesson Learned!

For just about the better part of/slightly more than/maybe slightly less than/not exactly sure, but I do know it was sometime before school started/you get the point :)/just about a month now, I have been religiously getting up about anywhere from 5 to 5:30 a.m. every single day (including weekends) to exercise.  I started a new training/running schedule and the mornings were the only time that I knew that I could consistently find the time to run while leaving the rest of our days' schedules fairly intact.  So, I have been making the sacrifice to go to bed religiously between 9-9:30 each night too so that I am able to function on this schedule ;)  There are still several kinks that I am working out (finding the best times to complete chores, trying to cope with a big lack of "down" time on my part since I am basically going to bed within 1/2 an hour of when Luke has finally called it a night most evenings, and still getting adjusted to my family's new routines as a whole with school having started.
Well, this morning, it was just a bit chilly in our bedroom (sleeping with the windows open does that!) and the warm blankets just felt soo good.  I hit the snooze once...then I talked myself into just staying in bed since I knew it would take me about an hour to run the 5 miles that I was due to run and I'd be "late" getting back at that point...and I could always run that 5 miles after Scott got home in the evening...and that's how I talked myself into staying put!
Lesson NOT learned quite yet...
I stayed put and enjoyed sleeping in until 6 a.m. when I was joined by Luke.  Then I enjoyed snuggling with him for about 10-15 minutes!  And then it was time to get ready for the day and nothing "felt" right...I continued to be "off" as I got ready for school...and ALL DAY LONG while at school (we have been testing this week and NOTHING went smoothly today)...and then I was still "off" while we waited at the doctor's office for almost 2 1/2 hours just for Luke's physical...and then Luke and I finally made it home almost 12 hours after we had left this morning, but...
it was cloudy, cold and looking like it might rain....should I run or wait until tomorrow?
I dragged my butt out the door and ran those 5 miles (the fastest that I have ever run them, I think) and felt, afterwards, like what I had "wished" I would have felt ALL DAY LONG!
I will drag my butt out of bed tomorrow morning even if it is only to do 1 or 2-10 minute videos and even if I am getting to bed "late" tonight, especially if it means avoiding another day of feeling like I did today! :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am the same way. I feel so much better and more centered on days when I am able to workout. Today's been one of those off days for me, so I can totally relate.