Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Spitach" Anyone?

Last night Little Sis decided to hang out with me as I was making supper.  I was making a ravioli/spinach lasagna type of meal and explaining the steps as I went.  Please keep in mind that she is just one month away from turning 2 while reading this! :)

Me:  "Now it is time to put on the spinach."

Little Sis:  "Puuuuh!" (she spit on the floor!)

Me:  "No spit!  We don't spit in the house.  First, I need to drain the spinach."

Little Sis:  "Puuuh!"

Me:  "No spitting!"

Little Sis just smiles ornery-like at me.  Then I have a realization...

Me:  "Spinach"

Little Sis:  "Puuuh!"

Me:  "Spitting"

Little Sis:  "Puuuh!"

Me:  "Spinach"

Little Sis:  "Puuuh!"

Yep!  She thinks the word spinach is the same as the word spitting :)  Just to test my theory, I told Scott the story when he got home and every.single.time. the word "spinach" came out of my mouth during the retelling...you guessed it-she would spit!  Every.single.time! :)

No comments: