Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Got to have friends!

I can definitely say that I have been blessed in life! Wonderful husband & son, good home, good health, great family, but most of all a fabulous circle of friends! It's so easy to take people for granted, especially friends, but without them my life would probably be quite dull! I'm so happy that my girlfriends & I take the time to make time for each other with our "girls' night" every other month. The activity is always something different (eating out, bowling, occasional boozefest, etc), but it is always enjoyable-(especially after we get all of the "venting" out of the way) and relaxing-(did I mention that booze is sometimes involved). It is just such a great feeling to know that here is this group of people who have seen you at and through some of your best & worst times and they still like you & want to spend time with you! I know that I can call them and just let out all of my frustrations knowing that I won't be judged or ridiculed because they can relate and because they know that I will return the favor when they need me to. It's a good feeling to know (does it seem like I'm channeling Mr. Rogers here!) that you have that kind of support system out there for you any time you need it, unless I consider all the stuff they know & could use against me, but then I realize that I have just as much dirt on them! ;) Got to love those girlfriends-I wouldn't be where I am today without them!!!

No comments: