Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolution Time!

I believe that I was a miserable failure with last year resolutions, but that's OK-this is the reason we get a 'new' year every year, right? :)

My resolutions for this year are as follows...

1. Lose at least 20 lbs. (But I hope I can make it much, much more!)

2. Read 40 books this year, including some "classics". This is the same number as last year, but I only made it to 34 so I still have room to improve! I am also planning on trying to make more of them 'thinking' books, thus adding in a few more classics this year.

3. Run 3 miles/5K. I think this is totally doable-I just need to keep working on building my stamina-the most I've worked up to thus far is about .5-.6 miles at a time so I still have a ways to go.

4. Set & follow good routines to help our household run more smoothly. I had many good routines in place back in 2008, but it was mostly all me doing them. After Scott's job loss-he took on many of these tasks since he was home & then after getting the new job-I never really took them back up again & he didn't have the time initially to keep doing them either. We have been floundering quite a bit around here in recent months & we've realized that we BOTH need to take part in some of these chores that had previously mostly fallen on me to do, if we are going to get things back in order & KEEP them that way.

So, there you have it, the 2010 list & I think that they are all VERY achievable! Best of luck to all of you with whatever your resolutions may be! :)

1 comment:

Carrie27 said...

1. Would love to lose 20 pounds, but until I have what I believe to be a "normal" life, I'm not making any promises. That's all to come the following year.

2. You read 34 books? You rock! I would love, love, love to have the time and energy to read again.