Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Away too long...

I have been away for far too long & I have a list of reasons a mile long...

I was still getting back into the groove of 'normal' everyday life after traveling over the Columbus Day weekend...

I only had time to check my email, but not to blog (pathetic, I know)...

I was having trouble coming up with ideas...

then I had too many ideas & couldn't pick just one...

I realized that I think waaay too hard about my blog posts...

I was gone on Saturday (my 'free day') for my cousin's wedding...

but they were really all just excuses & most of them not even good ones at that, until this weekend & oh what a weekend it has been!

It all started on Friday, I fed Luke some breakfast & he spit up (or so I thought!) Nope, it was vomiting as I soon learned once it continued. Shortly, thereafter, I discovered that he was also suffering from diarrhea as well. Then came Saturday, the day of my cousin's wedding, we had already decided that I would go & Scott would stay home with Luke if he was still sick. Since the wedding wasn't until the afternoon, we figured that we would have a pretty good idea by the time we had to leave if we would all be able to go or not. No vomiting, no runny stools-good to go! So we all went to the wedding & enjoyed ourselves, until we got into the car to head home that night...about 10 minutes into the drive home-Luke vomited all over himself & his carseat & then fell right to sleep with a pleasant look on his face. We stopped & I tried to clean it up as best I could with baby wipes (Way super Gross, by the way!) & headed home. We got home, got Luke cleaned up & put to bed, & then went to bed ourselves hoping that it was just the "busy" day he had had-retriggering some of his symptoms. A couple of hours later, I wake up & had succumbed to the same symptoms Luke had on Friday (I will not share those details with you-trust me-it was BAD!!!). After several repeat episodes through the course of the night along with Luke waking up several times (thank goodness for Scott or the poor child would have been left to his own devices since I was pretty much incapacitated), Sunday morning finally arrived. I was basically useless to the world other than sleeping & trying to drink liquids that wouldn't aggravate anything (dehydration was knocking at my door after the night before). Unfortunately, Luke was still not feeling so hot either so Scott had his hands full! He did a great job of taking care of me & changing Luke's diapers about every 1/2 hour or so. I started feeling a little better by late afternoon so Scott decided to head out to Wal-Mart to pick up some things that we desparately needed-let me tell you-that was the longest hour & a half of my life! It was a bit too soon & poor Luke I just didn't have much strength to entertain him let alone to do much else for him, but I did manage to get us upstairs a couple of times for diaper duty. I think we were both relieved to see Scott walk back in the door!
Fast forward to today, I have been feeling much better, although the stomach does still feel a little funny when it comes into contact with food & Luke has been doing better too. I took a sick day today even though I was feeling stronger last night-I figured that it wouldn't hurt things to give us both at least another day at home to rest up & feel better & now that I have & am...I hope that you will enjoy my return & I'll try to exclude 'gross out factors' from future blogposts, well at least the next couple anyway! ;)

No comments: