Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Two year olds don't really get the phrase...

"Hello. I love you...now give me some space!" :)

All of my plans for this wonderful week off of school have pretty well gone down the gutter because my 2 year old got sick on Sunday night. It is a cold he received from his father, but I am the one taking care of it-somehow this doesn't quite seem fair ;)

My wonderful, exciting plans included-cleaning my house intensely while my 2 year old had a visit with the sitter on Monday, catching up on blog reading while my 2 year old took naps, typing a few blog posts after my husband would get home in the evenings while he was playing with my 2 year old, baking food for our remaining Christmas parties that are to be held this weekend...they were all lovely plans...

This is how the week has shaped up...

Sunday evening-Luke comes down with a fever-he ends up sleeping in our bed so that he will sleep more than 45 minutes at a time
Monday-Luke & I lie in a chair for probably 90% of the day while his fever continues, thus he does not go to the sitter, thus I get nothing accomplished-I decide to sleep in his room on the floor so that he will sleep for more than an hour at a time
Tuesday-no temperature...Luke goes to the sitter while I go to the dentist & get groceries-Luke is very clingy the rest of the day & refuses to play with or sit on dad's lap when he arrives home at 8 p.m.-Luke sleeps in our bed again so that he will sleep more than an hour at a time
Wednesday-Luke is feeling better, but still very clingy & must nap on me-anytime my attention focuses elsewhere, his turns to mischief so that mine will return to him a.k.a nothing can get accomplished around the house-after Scott arrived home, Luke once again refused dad until dad enticed him with candy & then mom ran away to the computer & shut the door behind her :)

I can feel my sanity being restored ever so slightly as I type...it has been quite awhile since I have spent nearly 24 hours a day for several days in a row with Luke literally 'right by my side'...I am glad for this slight reprieve & things might start heading in the right direction if I can get some things done tomorrow, even if I have to do it with my 2 year old attached to me :-D

No comments: