Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happenings around Home

Over the past week...

*I have somehow managed to be near the computer like 2 days of the whole week(Sunday & yesterday), unfortunately, it seemed to be quite a busy email week for me (which is a bit unusual) & I found out about several different important things all at once so...

*I have several emails to follow up on now & several people to write back too-sorry if I have not responded yet :)

*For one afternoon, I thought I was coming down with the flu again :( Luckily, taking the afternoon off of school/sleeping & relaxing that evening, helped me to feel much better, but the back aches (like I had with the flu last month) that came along with it still took a few days to go away. [This would also be part of the reason I was "unplugged" for a few days.]

*We are all still crying all of the time here at the Faith, Hope & Poop household, but not for the reasons you might be thinking...Luke has finally become aware of this lovely phase called "I DO IT BY MYSELF!" It is sooo handy when you are in a hurry or trying to do something like fill up his cup. Somehow over the past 2 weeks, he seems to have come to the conclusion that he is quite capable of (along with many, many other things) taking a FULL gallon milk jug & filling up his own cup. We beg to differ thus the crying on the parts of both sides due to several close calls :)

*Along with this, I am soo happy that he can undress himself, but I just wish that he would stop yelling "PEE" & pulling his "undies" down before we get to him (he's a quick one alright!) Acting like the carpet is all one big potty is NOT cool!
[On a side note though, he is beginning to tell us quite a bit more regularly, which is a major plus-I'm hoping to have a few days at Christmas to work on this a bit more consistently with him, but he has come a long way over the past few months!]

*Lucky for me [stated with only a hint of sarcasm], Luke is in a very big "mommy" phase right now, which is okay at many different times, but please son, when dad is home with us too-he is quite capable of playing the same games/toys that I play with you & even if he is not-it really is OKAY for me to have at least 2 minutes of "me time" when I need to use the bathroom. As soon as I disappear, all I hear is Luke saying to Scott "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?" Hmmmm...I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts because I'm sure that before too long he may not want to spend quite as much of his quality time with me & then I might be left feeling left out ;)

No comments: