Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wise beyond his years

A conversation held yesterday between myself & a 2nd grader...

2nd Grader: (in a real serious voice) "Hey Mrs. S! Did you know that I will have to move to China when I turn 16?"

Me: (pondering what in the world he is talking about-military? No, you have to be 18 for that & then why China if that was the case. Family relocating? No, I know of this family & that would seem very odd, especially looking approximately 8 years into the future at this point. So I decided to ask...) "Why will you have to move to China?"

2nd Grader: "Because I will have to get a job when I turn 16 so I will have to move to China."

Me: (looking quite confused at this point) "Why would you need to move to China to get a job when you turn 16?"

2nd Grader: "Well...I really want to get a job where I can make toys and all of the toys are made in China, so I will have to move to China."

Me: (laughing) "You're right, many of the toys are made in China! Good luck with those plans, but maybe you should at least try to graduate before you move to China." :)

Somedays these kids just make my blog post ideas sooo easy ;)

No comments: