Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Catch up in 5...

Here are some random & not so random things that have been going on in my life over the past few weeks...

1: Paranoia, paranoia, paranoia~about this whole flu thing & definitely NOT on my part! I am probably in a huge minority, but I have just not been concerned about it. People were paranoid that if they got the shot-the government was out to kill them or at least harm their children in some way, but if they didn't get the shot-then they or their children were going to die from the flu.
Yes, that may be a bit on the extreme end of what they were actually saying, but all my mind was saying was-"I am just not that worried about it..." maybe I should be, but that is how I am-I just don't give those things much thought. I have just never gotten the flu shot ever & it has not been a problem so once I heard that the H1N1 would have been part of the regular flu shot if it had been discovered earlier-I just figured that I wouldn't have worried about getting it anyway had that been the case so why 'spaz out' about all of it.

2: I went ahead & got vaccinated (along with Luke & Scott then a few days later) for H1N1...then I came down with the flu 4 days later. Grrrr! If I had known I was going to catch the 'bug' anyway, I wouldn't have messed with the shot...on a side note though, I am still alive (thus I did not die of the flu) & I have my doubts that I have suffered from any crippling side effects/death from the shot :) Maybe the more paranoid people out there can look upon those two things as a good omen ;)
And NO I don't think I caught the flu from the shot, I'm fairly certain that it probably came from one of the over 200 kids we had been sending home sick from school the week before!

3: I am trying to wrap my brain around the fact that one week from today maybe I will be holding another little baby in my arms & I am still ever more hopeful that I will be able to bring that little baby home to raise as one of my own...

4: You do NOT want to know how messy my house is & just HOW much of it I am planning on trying to tackle of the next 4-5 days!

5: If I can make it through the next week & a half without totally becoming insane~I will consider that one of my best accomplishments ever :) Along with that, I really have to refrain from saying "Oh really, is it?" everytime someone says "NEAT!" or "Well you will just have the perfect family then-one boy, one girl!" everytime this adoption gets discussed. First of all, 'neat' is not the word I would use to describe the circumstances that this birthmom has found herself in-choosing not to raise yet another child because of her circumstances-huge amounts of guilt & anxiety on her part are more like it, definitely NOT 'neat'. The second statement always leads me to wonder that if things had worked out with Baby E over the summer-would we not have had a 'perfect' family by having 2 boys, plus what happens down the road if this all works out & we choose to add another sibling to our brood~will our family become less "perfect"?
Oh, the things that send my mind into "rant" mode-the list is endless! :)

I apologize for the ranting, but it really is where I am at right now & hopefully, things will begin to happily calm down soon. Thanks for sticking with me & I'll try to keep you posted as often as possible of the next 2 weeks with whatever happens!

2 comments:

Carrie27 said...

You do have a lot on your plate right now and I can't imagine all of the feelings you have pertaining to the maybe, hopefully, and the unknown. Truly hoping you have a happy week.

Linz said...

Well, I'm sad that I heard about new baby girl on the internet. But very excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet her! Be safe down there and I will be keeping you close in prayer!