Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodbye July, Hello August!

I can hardly believe that July is almost over with & with it comes the end of yet another summer. I always feel a little sad when the 4th of July rolls around each year because in my mind it is the 1/2 way point of the summer & the last half always goes so much faster than the first half. Tomorrow is the first day of August, which means (for me) there are only 10 more free days until school starts back up again. 10 more days to do what I want with, 10 more days to hang out with Luke & witness all of his changes firsthand, 10 more days to share with my 1 son before 1000 other kids enter into my world again. Don't get me wrong-I love my students & I love coming home at the end of the day & being able to share the stories they tell me or that I have about them with Scott, but it sure is nice to only have to worry about one small little boy right now instead of him plus all of the students I see on a daily basis. I am, however, looking forward to getting back into the "grind" & a regular routine again. I love being able to have a routine of getting up at a certain time, getting myself & Luke ready to go, & leaving the house to serve a "purpose" (other than just being Luke's mom, which is a good one!) & trying to be a positive influence in other people's/kid's lives, which some of those kids need so badly. I always thought that I would want to stay home with my kids (which would still be wonderful), but financially we need me to work, & what can I say I LOVE teaching! I love being able to impact someone's life for the better (anyway I hope that is what I do!) & it is a career that works very well with being a mother too. I get the joy of spending my summers with my kid & hopefully future kids too, plus weekends & holidays. Although, I may not enjoy every aspect of it (school politics, cliques, etc.), it has been a very rewarding career for me thus far. So, as my summer is quickly coming to an end, I am a little sad to know that the babysitter (who we LOVE!) will be spending more time with my son than I will be, but since she is so great-it makes it a bit easier to get back into the groove of school again & back into the lives of my students, coworkers, etc. Plus, the start of another school year has always been kind of an exciting thing for me so Goodbye July & Hello August!

No comments: