Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

I've had several ideas for blog topics rattling around in my head this morning, but couldn't decide on just one so I decided to put them all together into one! Welcome to my brain!

*I've always lived in the country & I love it, but it can have it's pitfalls too. This occurred to me as I was taking a walk with Luke this morning. We were about 1/4 mile from home when I spotted a deer standing out by the corn in a field. It was such a pretty site-I turned the stroller around so that Luke could see the deer (wasn't sure that he would notice or care). The deer stood there for about 30 seconds & then started running toward the trees (which finally caught Luke's eye). We started on our way back home & after taking just a few steps, a grain truck came hurtling past us at what seemed to be a fairly fast speed. That's where the downside comes into play-no sidewalks-so while you're able to enjoy Nature at its best, you're also in danger of being taken out by someone driving too fast & not paying attention.
*Luke has really started to "talk" alot over the past couple of days, which is one of the sweetest sounds to my ears & I love watching him "talk". (Someone please remind me of this when he is a teenager!)
*Why do skunks want to take up residence around our house & that of our in-laws? Scott had to chase one off just going out to get the mail last night! I guess they're suppose to be good mousers though-maybe we should keep them & get rid of the cats!
*I LOVE naptime (Luke's, not mine)! It's such a peaceful time to get things done or just do nothing at all.
*Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever think my family is "done" Luke is quickly approaching that 1st birthday & it has definitely gotten us to thinking about when to start "trying" (keep in mind-you never know how long/short the adoption process could be so being both financially & emotionally ready is key) for baby #2. With him coming to the end of the "baby" stage, I can't help, but want another sweet little one again because it really does go too fast, however, I wonder when the time comes for baby #2 &/or any other future children to be outgrowing this same stage-will I be wanting to go through it all again just as quickly! I have always wanted my kids to be part of a big family.
*The thoughts of feedings every 2-3 hours, not knowing why the baby's crying, having to get up in the middle of the night again can still send a shiver of panic through me sometimes, but it was all definitely worth it & would be again!
*Scott is a good husband-I couldn't ask for a better one, but I do wish he could tell shorter "stories" sometimes!
*A good book is one of my most favorite things, along with Luke's laugh. I'm glad that he is a "giggler" & that I have a shelf full of books to read!
*Life has been good to me thus far (even though at times it didn't always quite feel that way). My struggles have only strengthened my faith & belief that things work out as they should & that God most definitely has a plan (even when we think he has forgotten us!)

Enjoy your weekend! I'm looking forward to another weekend filled with family & friends, so it should be a good one!

No comments: