Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Long overdue update!

I have been doing a wonderful job of keeping people in "real life" up to date on my strong little niece, Rachel, but to those of you who only know about her because of the blogging world~I apologize! I do struggle with "how much" to put out here because I do try to make a concious effort to not "expose" my family's privacy, but to share "stories" from my everyday life along with my own little added twist on them.

So, with that being said, here are just a few of the most important "highlights" of Rachel's journey over the past month to help put any worries that might be out there to rest.

*A few weeks back, she came through the surgery to close up her diaphragm with flying colors along with a couple of setbacks along the way & ...
*Yesterday, the ventilator was removed! And...
*Yesterday, my sister, her mom, finally got to hold her little girl for the first time after 1 month & 1 day of waiting for it!

It was a very happy day, indeed, for our family & this happy aunt is hoping that her little niece will keep putting up the good fight, keep progressing & someday soon get to come home to her own bed!
Thanks so much for all of the prayers & support sent their way! :)

No comments: