Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's in a date?

March 31st!

Who knew that one little date on the calendar could become more & more significant to our family with each passing year?

3 years ago-My wonderful niece, Melissa, was born. A first grandchild for my parents, a first niece for me & my sister & husbands, a first goddaughter for me, a blessing to us all.

2 years ago-tragedy struck, our neighbor's 19 year old daughter died from injuries she had suffered in a car accident several days before.

1 year ago-the above mentioned neighbors, who had since become Luke's babysitters/a set of surrogate grandparents after his birth the following August, along with Scott's parents, my parents & my grandma all joined Luke & us at the courthouse to celebrate his adoption with us.

This year-my niece Rachel was born with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) & it just so happens that March 31st is CDH Awareness Day! If you can, wear turquoise to show your support for all of the little ones who have been born with this condition/are still fighting/have won the battle & those dear little ones who have lost the fight too-I know that their families would truly appreciate it!

No comments: