Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Sweetness

One week ago today, "Baby E" was born & along with it the dream of the son that almost was.

Is there still sadness? Yes, of course, but nothing like it was initially. Yes, we gave our hearts to this new little baby, but we know that he is loved & that helps immensely.

I believe that much of what remains is just the fact that the "dream" has died for the moment. Not to say that there won't be another chance to make this dream come true, but it just isn't going to happen right now with "Baby E" like we had been hoping. I have to believe that it will happen again & I can only hope that maybe it will be soon.

One thing that we do know is that we have been truly blessed & I've never known that more strongly than I did tonight after putting Luke to bed. I was standing outside his door waiting to see if I would need to go back in again when my ears picked up on a noise. It was the sound of Luke humming the tune I always hum to him at bedtime to put himself to sleep. What a sweet sound it was too! :)

No comments: