Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's That Time of Year Again~Resolutions!

My 2011 Resolutions:

1) Be Healthier-this includes exercising more & regularly (I had actually been doing pretty good in general with this one until Christmas week hit!), eating healthier (ditto to the above), finally running that 5 K I've been dreaming about (I was up to 2.7 miles-then came super cold temps, a bad cold that made breathing difficult, & crazy Christmas chaos-I ran this morning, but I hadn't run for 2 weeks & 2.7 hasn't been done for almost 3 so I'm easing back into it & started with somewhere between a 1/2-1 mile! It felt good to run again though!)

2) Read 12,000 pages-I have set a certain number of books in the past, but always feel frustrated if I don't reach the goal or if I choose to read a really long book (1,000+ pages) because I could have read 2-3 other books in the same timeframe & these really long books hurt my "book count". So this year, I decided to aim for a page number goal because I am currently reading one of those 1,000+ page books & I didn't want to start out behind already :) 12,000 is based off a guess that an average book contains 300 pages & I want to read at least 40 books.

These are the two big goals that I want to focus on for 2011. I have a couple of others, but I don't want to make them "official" here-at least not yet anyway, maybe this summer if I need some summertime resolutions. In the meantime, I will most likely focus on them too, just on my own, but as for these two goals...I will do my best to hold myself accountable here for myself & for all of you to follow along with too.

No comments: