Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Make Me Think" (at least for a little bit anyway :)

I haven't done one of these for a very long time, but am short on 'material' (at least any that I think you all would find interesting) & I happened upon my little book of questions here in the office so here it goes. I decided that since today is 1-20, I would choose question 120 (brilliant philosophy...your impressed...I can tell ;)

Question #120: "Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities sans hat or wig without explaining the reason for your haircut?"

Answer: YES!!! We're talking about $10,000 folks and it's just hair! Although, this book was copyrighted in 1985/1987 so I would have to say that some things have changed. I think that any doctor would medically recommend that one at least wear a hat when out in the sun (with sunblock of course) to decrease sun exposure, but as for not wearing a hat otherwise...sure. I do admit, though, it would be very hard to part with my hair, however, the question does not state that it would be a permanent thing so knowing that all I'm really doing is waiting for it to grow back, well, I think that would make it easier. Especially, knowing that $10,000 could go a long way around here...house/property projects or pay off part of mortgage or go towards future adoption(s) or Luke's college fund, etc, etc, etc...plus I wouldn't have to take time to mess with fixing my hair everyday either ! :)

So, yes, I could part with my hair temporarily if it meant helping out my family in a major way! The hardest parts would be people assuming that there was something wrong with my health and not telling anybody why I actually did it ;)

No comments: