Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Book List

Unfortunately, my reading was down this year and I did not meet my page total goal for 2011.  I am planning on trying again to reach it in 2012, but am not going to make it one of my main resolutions next year.  If only I would be willing to count all of the pages of all of the books I read with kids each day at school and each day to Luke, then I'm sure that I would have blown my goal out of the water! 
My list of books isn't as exciting this year due to there being several "educational"ish type books listed below, but I can say that most of them did "make me think" and that is something that I absolutely love in a book so maybe it isn't so bad after all! :)

1. Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
~great book & it was a great Christmas gift (2010) to receive-Thanks Emily!


2. Swine Not? A Novel Pig Tale by Jimmy Buffet

3. Hachiko Waits by Leslea Newman
~4th grade book club book-good story about one very loyal pet!

4. Kenny & the Dragon by Tony DeTerlizzi

5. Redneck Boy in the Promised Land: The Confessions of "Crazy Cooter" by Ben Jones

6. Night of the Howling Dogs by Graham Salisbury

7.  Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

8.  Hide or Seek by Dr. James Dobson
~an old book about helping kids with self-esteem...did not enjoy it (or agree with several parts)

9.  Red and Me  My Coach, My Lifelong Friend by Bill Russell with Alan Steinberg

10. Confessions of a Mega Church Pastor by Allen Hunt

11. Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited by Elyse Schein and Paula Bernstein

12. Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly

13.  Homeland by John Jakes

14. Animal Farm by George Orwell

15.  Catholic Customs & Traditions by Greg Dues

16. Qualites of Highly Effective Teachers by James H. Stronge

17.  Begin with the Brain Orchestrating the Learner-Centered Classroom by Martha Kaufeldt

18.  The Speed of Trust by Stephen M.R. Covey


19.  The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf 

No comments: