Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where, Oh Where Has My Little Baby Gone?

He's growing up!
Yes, I knew the day was coming, but I still wasn't prepared for it even after working with him to finally get to this point. On Saturday (yes, this is the post you were supposed to have gotten that day if you've read this), Scott put Luke down for a nap, but the child decided he didn't really need a nap yet so he decided to cry instead. Well, after a few minutes, Scott went to check on him & all I heard was "Hey Anita! Come check this out." (I should have known that I was in for a rude awakening at this point, but I'm a bit slow sometimes.) Well, what should I see when I get to Luke's door-he was STANDING UP in his crib-Yikes! I was a little surprised to say the least. Now I know he has been trying to do this for a couple of weeks now, but it was still a little shocking for me to actually see him doing it. Some of you may be thinking "What is wrong with this lady?", but here's a little bit of the back story.
Luke has had some delays when it comes to some of these milestones, thus he has been receiving some therapy the past couple of weeks to help him get "jumpstarted" again you could say. Well, they told me that he would probably take off pretty quickly once they started working with him, but hearing the words is definitely A LOT different then seeing it actually happening right before my own eyes. So after 11 months of walking into his room when he's crying/waking up/playing in his crib & ALWAYS seeing him lying on his back to do these things-it's quite a change to my world walking into his room seeing him sitting up one weekend & then walking into his room seeing him standing up only a few days later. (A lady needs time to adjust!) :) Needless to say, time does not stand still (although I wish it could sometimes) & neither does Luke anymore so I'll just have to get myself ready for the next big adventure-Toddlerhood!!!

No comments: