Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Conversation Overheard

Conversations with toddlers or kids in general can be quite entertaining In honor of my nieces staying here at our house for a couple of nights, I am going to share just a few of the conversations that you might have overheard yesterday & today if you were around :)

Yesterday in the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit) waiting room:

One of the adults: "We could go hang out in the Ronald McDonald house area. There would be more room in there for all of us."
Another adult: "That sounds good-we'll wait for the others to come back from Rachel's room so they know where we are."
Melissa (almost 3): "NO, I want to go to the Old MacDonald room now." :)

This morning at one of our various snack times:

Me: "Megan would you like a drink?"
Megan (age 1 1/2): shakes her head no & then takes her drink anyway
Me: (laughing) "I bet you say no to everything don't you?"
Megan: shakes her head no
Me: "Melissa, does Megan say no to everything at home?"
Melissa: "No"
Me: "Do you say no to everything?"
Melissa: "No"
Me: (smiling) "Well that's good to hear!"

So for the rest of the weekend, Scott & I are officially outnumbered! I think we'll be okay-I'm actually a lot more relaxed by them being here than I imagined I would be & things have gone fairly smoothly thus far considering it's us & an almost 3 year old & 2 1-1/2 year olds! Maybe if things get too hectic, Scott & I can just grab the 1 year olds & leave the almost 3 year old in charge. I'm sure that since she is a "mother hen" like her aunt/godmother that we would all be in very good hands & on a major sugar high from eating candy! :)

No comments: