Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

2009 Book #5

I went with a "classic" this time around The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have read this book before, but it has been a couple of years (after the movies were released.) The first time I read it, I mostly noticed how different it was from the movie, since the movies were fresh in my mind at the time. It has now been several years since I have seen any of the movies so I felt like it was a good time to read this series again without the movie story stuck in my head.

I have also decided to watch each movie after I finish each story, but I have found this to be a bit frustrating thus far with this first book only because there are so many differences. I really just need to keep them separated in my head, I believe, & view them as their own separate individual stories instead of trying to compare!

As far as the book goes, it is a great story & it is full of many rich details (that you won't get in the movies.) Of course, I don't really have to tell anyone this because it has already been discussed among many other (much more qualified) literary authorities than myself :) I can honestly say that I have enjoyed it much more this 2nd time around than I did the 1st time & can't wait to join Frodo & the gang for the rest of their adventures!

No comments: