Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

My "holiday" is over, or is it...

When the alarm went off this morning, all I could think was "do I have to...?" Of course, the answer is always yes & normally, after I shake off the initial grogginess that is, I usually look forward to going into work. I like the people I work with, the students are great & they keep things interesting, etc, etc, but this morning was just a little different.
I had been out of my routine for over a whole week & frankly, I have been enjoying my time at home. After a weekend off followed by going back to work 1 day, then getting 4 snow days in a row, followed by yet another weekend off (I know how hard this all makes my job sound ;)...all I can say is "Summer break here I come!" Alas, it is not to be because it is still only January...wait...February (see what a few days off can do to a person :) So, instead, I dragged myself out of bed this morning, got ready for work & headed off to school, but little did I realize that my "holiday" was actually only beginning!

For I had forgotten a few important details as I was preparing for work...

First of all, who could forget that TODAY is a national holiday "Groundhog's Day"!!!! How can an elementary school not be a great place to work on Groundhog's Day~the kids love it. Plus, to top it all off, because all of the snow days kept us away from school, TODAY was also "The 100th Day of School"!!!! And anybody who is anybody KNOWS that this is also a major holiday in elementary schools, sooooo....

Who wouldn't want to go to work today knowing that we would be celebrating not just 1 holiday, but 2 holidays today?! :)

No comments: