Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

DayDream Believer

I am definitely a believer in daydreams & fairy tales (of course not during the school day-unless it's me doing the daydreaming!) I believe in happy endings, true love & that everything happens for a reason! I believe that this "romantic" way of thinking is a big part of what makes me more of an optimistic person & has given me the ability to always try to find the good in things/people. I also think it is what has helped me get through many of my toughest times as well. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to go through life always waiting for the "bottom to fall out" or believing that bad things "just happen" to people for no rhyme or reason. One downside to being a "dreamer" is that alot of times reality may not quite measure up to my expectations, which can & does lead to being disappointed quite abit when things don't go as I've "imagined" they could. But just as I have done with everything else in my life, when one "dream" fails, I just jump back up and start "daydreaming" again and pretty soon I find myself in the middle of a new "dream" or at least a modified version of the old one. It may not be some people's ideal way of thinking/living, but it is the one that I seem to have been dealt & I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: