Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Summertime Resolutions

I know that January 1st is the "normal" time to set resolutions, but for me I always like to think of summertime as a new beginning time. Maybe it's because I work in the school system-which means more time to work on myself during the summer months-it could be that the weather is nicer & sunnier so it is easier to get outside-or it could be that sometimes I like to be a bit different from the crowd! Anyways, here are a few of my "summer resolutions".

1. Read, Read, Read: I want to read more this summer. I realize that having a small child can hinder this sometimes, but after Luke's gone to bed for the night, one of my favorite things is to curl up on the couch with a book and just read. My goal is to read 5-6 books a month.

2.
Exercise: I have always felt better when I exercise on a regular basis, but I seem to be an expert at finding reasons not to do it. So whether it's walking (which Luke loves because it means a stroller ride), dancing around the house, or just good ole fashioned yard work, I want to make sure I get at least 15 minutes a day to begin forming this habit.

3.
Get my photos organized: I've made a good start, but I've still got a long way to go with this one. I love scrapbooking, but I need to get my photos (digital) organized on the computer, printed & into albums for my own sanity (& before Luke is 20 and I have no idea where to begin!) Another highlight will be that I can then really jump into the digital scrapbooking without the guilt of knowing that I should be working on my pictures instead!

4.
Get my house in order: I feel so much more sane, when my house is in order. My motto for this one will be "one room at a time" & if that is too overwhelming then maybe "one box/cabinet at a time". I want it to be in tip top shape before school starts back up again!!!

One step at a time will get me there with each of these resolutions & my grand hope is that if I can get these habits formed now, then they will be much easier to keep up with once the stress of a new school year begins!!! Updates coming to a computer near you soon!

No comments: