Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hittin' the "Beach"

Scott & I have decided to hit the beach this summer, the "South Beach Diet" that is. We're now beginning Day 3 and I can already tell that I am feeling much better & that the "cravings" are starting to subside. We've done this before, a couple of summers ago, & we've tried Weight Watchers, which does work as long as you make sure to count everything :( but we have both decided that we physically feel better on the South Beach diet (getting off the highs & lows of the blood sugar rollar coaster helps ALOT). I've read the book a couple of times front to back, but still always find something that gives me a better understanding of how it all works. We feel that we have another advantage on it as well because we HAVE done it before-we remember what mistakes we made & where we went wrong. Knowledge is the key to success in my mind, so knowing what we encountered before will hopefully help us to avoid those same mistakes again this time...& hopefully make these changes just another way of life for us!

No comments: