Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A "Blog" in Progress

I feel like I have come a long way with all of this technology stuff in the past year. I used to feel quite overwhelmed by alot of it and really didn't have much to do with it outside of checking email, surfing the internet when I needed something, & to complete projects (writing papers/lesson plans, adoption portfolio, etc). This year, though, has been a different story! I jumped on the digital scrapbooking bandwagon (slowly, but surely I'm getting there anyway-when I can find the time). I find that I'm actually beginning to understand some of the terminology (for instance, I now understand what kb, mb, & G are & which one is the biggest). Also, I can easily crop & edit photos (simply) without anxiety about "losing" the picture & am learning more everyday it seems. And last, but not least I have become a blogger. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would like doing this, but I admit that I find it a little bit addicting & I love reading other blogs. Maybe it's my nosy nature ;) but I like to think that it fulfills this curiosity I have about how other people live (I realize that I basically just said the same thing again, but it sounds SO much better the second way doesn't it!) :) I've always been one of those people who wonders what other people are thinking. Anytime I am in a crowd, whether it's traffic; shopping; etc., I always find myself looking around and wondering what it would be like to step into someone else's shoes for a day just to see what their life is like. I wonder: are they close with their family, are they in the middle of some kind of crisis, what is there reason for being here? Frankly, I'm just curious to see what goes on behind the "social masks" that we see out in public & wonder how "easy" or "hard" other people have it. So for me, blogging is like a little peek into someone else's world to see what life is like for them & to help me better understand things or to gain a new perspective about things going on in my own life. Of course, I am never completely satisfied with my own work so occasionally you will probably see some changes go on with my blog (new template, different features, etc.) & keep in mind I'm still figuring out ALOT :) so if anyone has any advice I'll gladly take it (as long as it's free of course!) :) On another note, has anyone noticed that the more techno savvy you become the more "toys" you want? If anyone wants to donate to the "Anita technology fund", I'll gladly accept donations for a new digi camera, wireless internet, laptop, scanner, digi scrapbooking products, & on, & on, & on! :D Thanks for joining me on my technology journey

No comments: