Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summertime Resolutions June Update

How are the resolutions coming along, you ask? Well I think I've done okay, but not great considering I haven't done much with a couple of them. I can say, however, that I have finally gotten started with all of them. So here it goes:

Read, Read, Read: I have read several books this past month, which included quite a variety of genre too. I'm currently reading Dead Man's Walk by Larry McMurtry-it is one of Scott's books & I am about 1/2 way through it. It is a good story, but I could do without the graphic descriptions of the torture done by the Comanche Indians (Yuck! He is either a very good writer or I just have a very good imagination for visualizing it) I also read Once in a Lifetime by Danielle Steel-it was my first one ever of hers & a classic romance novel-it was a pretty easy read & didn't require much thinking on my part (predictable in other words)-it was nice for a change of pace. I also read Alicia by Alicia Appleman-Jurman, which was an autobiography of her experiences as a Jew during the Holocaust. I am always fascinated with books about people from this era-it is amazing the prejudices & suffering they had to survive during their lifetime. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards was another book I read-I liked the concept of this story, but thought the writing was a bit slow paced. I also read Domina by Barbara Wood, which was a romance too, but had a lot more substance to it because the main character was a lady doctor in the 1800's so there was quite a bit of medical history involved in the story as well. It was interesting to read about the advancements made during the years covered by the book & it made me very glad that I didn't live back then! So 4 1/2 books-that's fairly close to my goal!

Exercise: I did not do so well with this one, but have managed to start walking a few days this past week. Plus, with starting to get my house in order (see below) I am getting quite a bit of activity from all of the housecleaning!

Get my photos organized: I have worked & worked on this one. In fact, I have managed to get all of Luke's pictures (on my computer) edited & organized up to the present, which I feel is quite the accomplishment. I've even gotten myself organized enough to be able to start digital scrapbooking & have completed several pages-Yeah me!

Get my house in order: I admit-I procrastinated on this all month until about 4-5 days ago. I finally decided that I would just take it one room at a time (& do that one room really well before moving on to the next one). I have finished my Dining Room & must say that it looks fabulous compared to the rest of the house (which means this will be the only room anyone is allowed into if they come by for a visit too!) :) My next task is the Master Bath-there isn't really any rhyme or reason to the order I'm doing the rooms in either, just whichever one feels right at the time!

Pretty good for June-here's to hoping July is much better! :)

No comments: