Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Water Anyone?

This is the view I woke up to this morning:

Front Views

Back Views


I believe I said, "Wow, I think this is the highest I've ever seen the water out before!" But Scott "knowing all" corrected me quickly, "Oh no, I don't think it is the highest it's ever been, but maybe close."


Later (7:20ish a.m.), my MIL calls & tells her son "The water is at record levels everywhere." (Me): [clearing my throat & speaking sarcastically] "Oh no, I don't think the water is the highest it's ever been! Hmmmm...was I right earlier or what?!" Scott: "Yes, you were right." (I take such great pride in it when this happens!) (hehe)

More pictures:
Believe it or not, but there is a bridge under all of that water somewhere!

Oh No, our garden!

By 10:30a.m. the road was covered! (First time in 60 years, since the road was first built up & probably the first time since Scott & I got married that I was glad that we have an early Mass time [8 a.m.] because we were home before the water was over the road!)
What a fascinating & historical day! Watching the water rise so quickly during those morning hours & then getting to watch it start to slowly recede as levees in the area started breaking-I hope I NEVER see it again in my lifetime! :)

No comments: