Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Flag Day!!!

That's right-it's Flag Day-and around here it's one very special holiday! Of course, we are a patriotic family & we do like to celebrate/honor our country (& flag), but the main reason that this holiday is so special for us is because it is the day that Scott & I got married! This year we are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. It is so hard to believe that it has been 5 years already. It has not all gone exactly like we imagined that it would on that day 5 years ago, but I know that we can both say it is like a fine wine "it only gets better with age"! So here's a little walk back in history to see how far we've come:

5Years Ago...

*We were going to start a family right away and hopefully have at least 2 kids before our 5th anniversary (definitely did NOT go as expected, but we were finally blessed with Luke this past year)
*We would build a new house on the Scott's family's original homestead (check)
*I would finish student teaching, graduate & have my own classroom (sort of check-first 2 done, as far as my own classroom-not quite yet, but at least I've always been happy with whatever I'm doing-subbing, teacher assistant, etc.)
*We would still maintain a fairly active social life once we had kids (slowed down a little, but check)!!
*We would continue to communicate well each and every day (check)
*We would love each other even more 5 years from now then we did that day (check!!!)

Go out enjoy and celebrate this very special holiday today-I know we will! :)

No comments: